Ergonomics for designers
- Design machines and work equipment that are up to date, function reliably and are long-lasting
- Involve the people who will work on these machines during planning
- Consider ergonomic principles during design
That, at least, is the theory. In practice, this ergonomic approach is often not implemented adequately, since the subject of ergonomics is often not covered sufficiently during the basic and further training of designers. It is important however that machinery and work equipment satisfy the applicable standards and permit healthy working. The KAN Praxis ergonomics lecture modules help you to raise your own awareness and that of others for the importance of ergonomics.
The modules with over 500 lecture slides for teaching, study and further training are available for download. The project was launched and funded by the Commission for Occupational Health and Safety and Standardization (KAN).
The benefits for you
- Teaching and further training materials based on sound expertise and in line with the latest standards and scientific findings
- Descriptions of the modules and comprehensive supplementary materials such as literature lists, case studies, Internet links, and references to relevant standards
- Customizable module concept
- Guides and comments for lecturers
- Numerous ergonomics examples with video clips and illustrations
- Time savings owing to the ready-made teaching materials
- Regularly updated
- For use free of charge
The materials focus upon machinery and plant construction; much of the content can however be applied to other sectors.